GOAL: Deep resurfacing enzyme Cleansing Oil to brighten, rejuvenate and even skin tone.
USE: 2-3 times per week
SKINTYPE: Wise, Dull, or Hyperpigmented skin
WHY WE LOVE IT: Gently renewing without irritation
SCENT: Light Jasmine, hints of berry
BENEFITS: Our tried and true ratio of Argan & Castor oils infused with whole plants of pro-aging hibiscus & immortelle... blended with antioxidant-rich berry seed oils like Blueberry, Blackberry, Acerola and Cherry. Rejuvenating rosehip extract, ultra nourishing seabuckthorn extract... gentle papaya, pineapple and strawberry enzymes... topped with jasmine sambac absolute. It's a dream for those of us who wish to support skin as we age, boosting skin's ability to combat free radicals, promote collagen production and shield skin from the damaging effects of UV. It uses super gentle enzymes to encourage healthy(not forced) turnover of dead skin cells and impurities.
If you've never used an oil based facial cleanser before, prepare for a purity like no other. The oil cleansing method will completely change your opinion about facial cleansers.
THE OIL CLEANSING METHOD:
Time for the fun part! The oil cleansing method is really simple and you'll find this relaxing ritual a welcomed change from the fast slather + rinse of conventional cleanser.
- Start with your cleansing oil, a clean washcloth or cleansing mit and hot water.
- First pump a dime sized amount of cleansing oil into the palm of your hand. Rub both hands together to warm the oil and apply to your face, massaging deep into your pores to dissolve impurities.
- Focus on your problem areas and take your time, letting the cleansing oil work in deeply to loosen debris and hardened sebum. This is a great time to give your face a little massage and release tension in the jaw and brow areas.
- Run your washcloth under hot water and wring it out letting it cool a bit but still steamy and warm.
- This is where the magic happens: Gently hold the washcloth over your entire face and let the warmth penetrate your pores. The warmth of the cloth will loosen the oil and sebum for easy removal. Gently polish with the cloth in circular and outward motions.
- You can repeat the cloth portion of this routine until you are satisfied with your level of removal. Feel free to do another round of oil if necessary.
- There's no need for fierce scrubbing with this face cleansing method as the oil and steam do all the heavy lifting. Once you've finished, apply a tad more of your favorite serum or oil and enjoy the glow. This is a deep cleaning method but will not strip your skin, instead it will feel dewy and nourished. If you're new to this method, your skin may start to show signs of detoxification with a breakout here or there, but after several sessions of oil cleansing, you should notice a huge difference. Your skin will feel less congested, brighter and less irritated. When done correctly, ,most people find Oil Cleansing to be a game-changer for their skin health!
WHEN TO OIL CLEANSE:
This is going to be a little different for everyone and it's best to pay close attention to your skin and use your intuition. Oil cleansing is very deep and detoxifying, but also very nourishing and moisturizing. Having said that, not everyone needs to cleanse like this every day. If your skin is feeling particularly grimy, dry, dull or clogged, I recommend doing an oil cleanse. However, if your skin feels fairly balanced and fresh, you can get away with just a steamy washcloth and water... or the natural cleanser of your choice. I suggest starting with every other day to every 2 days to find your sweet spot. Increase or decrease as needed. What to use on off days? Sometimes just a warm washcloth is enough to cleanse your skin... or you may use an alternative natural cleanser of your choice.
CRUELTY-FREE INGREDIENTS: *argan oil, *castor oil, *hibiscus flower, *helichrysum flower, *papaya enzyme/papaya seed oil, *pineapple enzyme/sunflower oil, *strawberry enzyme/safflower oil, *blueberry seed oil, *blackberry seed oil, *strawberry seed oil, *acerola oil, *cherry kernal oil, *raspberry seed oil, *seabuckthorn berry c02 extract, *rosehip c02 extract, *jasmine sambac absolute, *viola flower.
* denotes Clean Ingredients(organic, wild crafted or non-gmo) INGREDIENT GLOSSARY
Referred to as liquid gold, it has been prized for it's ability to treat skin and body conditions since before 12 BC. Argan oil is produced from the kernals of the Argan tree which grows in a tiny area of Morocco.
High in vitamin E, essential fatty acids and retinol. Combats free radicals which prevents damage of skin cells, is anti-inflammatory, treats acne, wrinkles, dry skin. Sun Protectant, restores elasticity, non-irritating, deeply penetrates skin and is absorbed easily.
Castor oil is highly acclaimed for it's detoxification, anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties. It moisturizes the skin while reducing acne and reducing pigmentation. Castor oil prevents stretch marks and helps to fight signs of aging by stimulating the production of collagen and elastin. It's high concentration of fatty acids restore hydration and remove dry patches while also penetrating scar tissue and encouraging new skin cell regeneration.