Our brand new Gua Sha tool was designed by Wilder North founder, Marissa Masterson with input from holistic estheticians trained in Gua Sha Facial Massage.
The Longevity tool has been named for it's part in helping to balance "Chi" or "Vital Life Force"... the energy and fluids that we all have flowing through our bodies. The interruption of this flow is commonly responsible for human ailments, whether physical, emotional or mental. Although it's a complex topic, Gua Sha helps to keep Chi flowing optimally, for improved health and longevity on so many levels.
The Longevity is designed to be used in a wide variety of ways. From it's teeth for tension release, to it's notched tip for jaw contouring... each edge and cut was included for a purpose and has the curves of face in mind.
- Listing is for 1 Tool including protective pouch
- Choose your gemstone: Jade, Rose Quartz, Amethyst or Fluorite
- Each tool is unique in color and grains- colors vary. If you would like to request a particular shade of the gemstone you choose, please email us.
- Small imperfections and cleaving veins are a natural part of the stone
- Length nearly 5". Widest point is approximately 3" (our largest tool available)
WHAT IS GUA SHA?
Gua Sha is an ancient, traditional Chinese healing technique used to stimulate the lymphatic system and relax muscles which can have a wealth of benefits, including clearer and smoother skin. The Gua Sha tool is massaged or scraped along the skin in a sweeping outward/upward motion at various points on the face. One of the main benefits of this technique is the reduction of puffiness, which is usually a result of lymphatic fluid not circulating freely throughout the body. Practicing Gua Sha on your face can release this lymphatic fluid and the impurities it may contain, reducing puffiness, eliminating toxins, improving circulation, and activating the skin's natural ability to heal itself. Fewer toxins and better circulation lead to clearer, nourished, glowing skin.
Gua Sha massage can also relieve tension in the muscles of the face, reducing hardened facial expressions such as frown lines and breaking up adhesions which interfere with proper fluid flow. Adhesions are bound or fixed sections of tissue which are not normally united. Gua Sha essentially re-patterns repetitive muscle movements, unwinding tissues and relaxing your face into it's natural state. Logic would tell us that a relaxed face is a smooth face.
BENEFITS OF FACIAL GUA SHA
With the correct technique and consistent practice, Gua Sha can help to:
- Reduce Puffiness and dark circles from excess and trapped fluids
- Improve Circulation, bringing oxygen and nutrient-rich blood to skin cells
- Reduce Tension in facial muscles, softening the face and reducing the formation of harsh expression lines
- Soften tissue adhesions which can inhibit the flow of vital fluids
- Promote skin clarity, reducing acne and congestion by improving the circulation of lymph and thereby eliminating toxins
- Expedites the healing of pimples and other skin issues
- Reduce Inflammation caused by excess impurities in the lymph
- Strengthens cells to improve collagen production
- Improves skin radiance and brightens complexion
- Contour, and Sculpt the face for a more refined features
- Lift and Tighten Skin
- Prepare the skin to better accept topical products for deeper and accelerated penetration
- Relieve headaches and sinus congestion
- Relax your body and nervous system to reduce stress anxiety, and even depression