We are the only retailer in the USA which has a tiger's eye gua sha in this rare multi-use shape.
Gua Sha is an ancient healing technique used traditionally in Chinese or Thai cultures to clear stagnation of the channel system below the skin. Opening these pathways and clearing accumulation of toxins in this manner has a direct affect on the health and healing power of skin. The technique is a gentle but firm press-stroking massage at specific points along the face which help to promote lymphatic drainage and break up stagnation and toxin accumulation.
Benefits of Facial Gua Sha
With the correct massage technique and regular practice, Gua Sha can help to:
- Promote Lymphatic Drainage, ultimately ridding the body of impurities that can cause skin issues like acne, eczema and puffiness.
- Unbind and untangle fascia and adhesions which have been caused by tension.
- Relax the tissue to promote flow of bodily fluids including nutrients, lymph, blood, and oxygen.
- Helps soften the facial expressions, ultimately changing the way our skin ages.
- Relax facial tension which helps tissue settle into their natural state
- Promotes flow of nutrients and stimulation of tissue to improve health of skin.
- Tones the muscles for a more refined, contoured and plumped face
- Relieves stress, allowing the body to rejuvenate and renew proficiently.
- Breaks up tension within the tissue and muscles to ultimately reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Aids in the absorption of topical skin care products.
- Promotes healing to various skin issues such as tension, dark circles, blemishes, inflammation, puffiness and lines.
- Can help clear congestion in the sinuses and relieve sinus pressure and headaches.
Metaphysical Properties of Tiger’s Eye – Power/Ambition/Positivity
Tiger's Eye is the ultimate power crystal, known to balance negative emotions like fear, anxiety and self-loathing. Often referred to as a spiritual compass which can help guide you towards the light, harnessing your inner powers and ambitions.
Tiger's eye resonates with the solar plexus chakra, related to personal power, will and mental abilities. It also helps spark creative drive and motivation to succeed on your own terms.
How to use your facial gua sha board
Tips before getting started:
- Take your time, working with slow and steady movements to achieve full benefits.
- Using your free hand, always support the skin in fleshy areas like neck, cheeks and around eyes, as not to overstretch skin.
- Be sure to first apply a hydration mist and serum or oil to create some slip so your Gua Sha board can glide smoothly along skin without tugging.
- Always use the Gua Sha tool in an upward and outward motion on the face, working against gravity.
- When the concern is puffiness, work on the area below the issue. For example, for puffy eyes, use gua sha under the puffy area such as cheek bones to unclog pathways and promote lymphatic drainage.
- Gua Sha should not be practiced on skin which received any sort of injections such as botox within the past 3 months, open wounds, cysts, active breakout, inflamed or irritated skin. Please consult a health care provider prior to using gua sha for other concerns.
- Pressure should be light to medium on face except for under eye area where touch should be feather-light pressure.
VIDEO TUTORIAL COMING SOON!
Begin with clean skin.
Apply a hydration mist followed by a serum or face oil by warming between both hands, then pressing into skin or massaging in an upward/outward motion.
Continue in the order below.
Back of Neck – Notched Edge
Using one of the notched edges, place the gua sha tool at the base of your neck, holding as flat as possible against your skin. Pull the tool upward with light to medium pressure until the tool hits bone at the back of your skull. Give yourself a massage in that location by wiggling the tool. Repeat 5 times more more.
Shoulder/Side of Neck – Flat Surface and Curved Edge
Using the Flat or gradually curved edge of your tool, place the surface of your tool at the end of your shoulder, just before the collar bone meets the shoulder. Keeping the tool flat, pull the tool up your shoulder and side of your neck with light to medium pressure until it touches bone just under your ear. Give yourself a massage in that location by wiggling the tool. Repeat 5 times more more.
Collarbone/Front of Neck – Flat Surface and Curved Edge
Using the Flat or slightly curved edge of your tool, place the surface of your tool just under your collar bone. Pull the tool upward over your collar bone and up your neck until it touches bone just under your jaw. Give yourself a massage in that location by wiggling the tool. Repeat 5 times more more.
Sternum/Front of Neck – Notched Edge
Place your fingers at the top of your sternum, just between where your collar bones meet. This provides support to the skin. Place the notched edge of the tool just above your fingers. Keeping the tool as flat to your skin as possible, pull the tool upward until it hits bone, just under your chin. Give yourself a massage in that location by wiggling the tool. Repeat 5 times more more.
Jaw Release Lift & Sculpt – Notched Edge
Place your fingers at the center of your chin, place the notched edge of the tool next to your fingers so that there is a tip on both the top and bottom of your jar. Keeping the tool as flat as possible, pull the tool outward following the line of your jaw until it touches just under the ear. Give yourself a massage in that location by wiggling the tool. Repeat 5 times more more.
Cheek Sculpt & Lift - Flat Surface and Smooth Edge
Place your fingers over your nose and on your cheek just next to your nose to support the skin. Place smooth edge of the tool next to your fingers, keeping the tool as flat to your skin as possible. Pull the tool outward until you reach your ear.Give yourself a massage in that location by wiggling the tool. Repeat 5 times more more.
Under Eye Refresh – Rounded Tip
This is an area of very thin and fragile skin, please use feather-light pressure when treating the eye area. Place a finger just below the inner corner of your eye. Lightly place the curved tip of the tool flat next to your finger under your eye. Gently and lightly pull the tool to the outer corner of the eye and then outward/upward to the temple. When you reach the hairline, give yourself a massage in that location by wiggling the tool. Repeat 5 times more.
Brow Lift & Eye Opener – Notched Edge
Place a finger or two between your brow to support the skin. Place the notched part of the tool next to your fingers and lay the tool flat to the skin. Pull the tool outward, following the brow bone. When you reach the end of your brow bone, turn the tool upward and pull it upward/outward until you reach your hairline. When you reach the hairline, give yourself a massage in that location by wiggling the tool. Repeat 5 times more.
Forehead Smoothing & Brow Lift – Curved Edge
Place your finger under the center of your brow bone, feather light touch to support the skin. Using the long curved edge of your tool, touch your finger at a flat angle and pull the tool upward over your brow bone and continue up forehead. When you reach the hairline, give yourself a massage in that location by wiggling the tool. Repeat 5 times more.
Center Forehead – Shorter Flat Edge
Place your fingers gently between your brows to support the skin. Place the shorter flat edge of the tool just above your fingers and pull the tool upward until you reach the hairline.When you reach the hairline, give yourself a massage in that location by wiggling the tool. Repeat 5 times more.
You’ve now completed one full side of your face and can repeat these movements on the opposite side!
Wilder North cannot be held responsible for any actions made, implied or expressed by anyone as a result of the above content.
The above statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. They are in no way intended to heal, prevent or treat any illness. Please consult your doctor if you are seeking medical advice.
The above content contains ideas and information learned from the following
SANDRA LANSHIN CHIU, LAC, Treatments by Lanshin FOUNDER, ACUPUNCTURIST, HERBALIST - https://www.lanshin.com/ AND https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc12OTFzua0
Britta Plug, Holistic Esthetician & Skin Care Expert, https://studiobritta.com/