Free & Clear of Essential Oils and Fragrances
GOAL: Deep facial cleanser and makeup remover for sensitive skin
USE: 2-3 times per week
SKINTYPE: Sensitive, Congested, Mature or Damaged Skin
WHY WE LOVE IT: Ultra soothing and rewnewing for angry or damaged skin
SCENT: Fragrance-Free(no essential oils or fragrance added)
BENEFITS: Our Goldenseal Cleansing Oil is a soothing cleanser and makeup remover for especially sensitive or damaged skin. Natural beauty oils of Argan oil, rosehip, evening primrose, castor, and grape seed oil, harmonize to gently loosen sebum, toxins and dirt. Evening primrose oil is known for it's ability to soothe. A lullabye of purifying ingredients will deep clean even the most irritated skin and leave it feeling nourished and dewy, not stripped, tight or dry like conventional cleansers. By popular request, this is our first essential oil-free cleansing oil. We instead, bring a beautiful infusion of soothing herbals such as Goldenseal, Calendula, Comfrey - all of which promote skin that looks healed and healthy. Gotu Kola promotes collagen production for visibly firmer and elastic skin.
If you've never used an oil based facial cleanser before, prepare for a purity like no other. The oil cleansing method will completely change your opinion about facial cleansers.
NOT FOR USE WHILE NURSING OR PREGNANT - WE CAN CUSTOM MAKE YOU A BOTTLE WITHOUT "GOLDENSEAL", PLEASE EMAIL MARISSA@WILDERNORTHBOTANICALS.COM
THE OIL CLEANSING METHOD:
Time for the fun part! The oil cleansing method is really simple and you'll find this relaxing ritual a welcomed change from the fast slather + rinse of conventional cleanser.
- Start with your cleansing oil, a clean washcloth or cleansing mit and hot water.
- First pump a dime sized amount of cleansing oil into the palm of your hand. Rub both hands together to warm the oil and apply to your face, massaging deep into your pores to dissolve impurities.
- Focus on your problem areas and take your time, letting the cleansing oil work in deeply to loosen debris and hardened sebum. This is a great time to give your face a little massage and release tension in the jaw and brow areas.
- Run your washcloth under hot water and wring it out letting it cool a bit but still steamy and warm.
- This is where the magic happens: Gently hold the washcloth over your entire face and let the warmth penetrate your pores. The warmth of the cloth will loosen the oil and sebum for easy removal. Gently polish with the cloth in circular and outward motions.
- You can repeat the cloth portion of this routine until you are satisfied with your level of removal. Feel free to do another round of oil if necessary.
- There's no need for fierce scrubbing with this face cleansing method as the oil and steam do all the heavy lifting. Once you've finished, apply a tad more of your favorite serum or oil and enjoy the glow. This is a deep cleaning method but will not strip your skin, instead it will feel dewy and nourished. If you're new to this method, your skin may start to show signs of detoxification with a breakout here or there, but after several sessions of oil cleansing, you should notice a huge difference. Your skin will feel less congested, brighter and less irritated. When done correctly, ,most people find Oil Cleansing to be a game-changer for their skin health!
WHEN TO OIL CLEANSE:
This is going to be a little different for everyone and it's best to pay close attention to your skin and use your intuition. Oil cleansing is very deep and detoxifying, but also very nourishing and moisturizing. Having said that, not everyone needs to cleanse like this every day. If your skin is feeling particularly grimy, dry, dull or clogged, I recommend doing an oil cleanse. However, if your skin feels fairly balanced and fresh, you can get away with just a steamy washcloth and water... or the natural cleanser of your choice. I suggest starting with every other day to every 2 days to find your sweet spot. Increase or decrease as needed. What to use on off days? Sometimes just a warm washcloth is enough to cleanse your skin... or you may use an alternative natural cleanser of your choice.
CRUELTY-FREE INGREDIENTS: *Argania spinosa(argan oil), *ricinus communis(castor oil), *Simmondsia chinensis(jojoba oil), *Rosa rubiginosa/Rosa canina (rosehip oil), *Oenothera biennis L.(evening primrose oil), *Vitis vinifera(grapeseed oil), *Calendula, *Comfrey, *Gotu Kola, *Goldenseal. * denotes Clean Ingredients(organic, wild crafted or non-gmo) INGREDIENT GLOSSARY
Goldenseal Root is a medicinal plant known to treat infections and inflammation. It's loved for its anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-septic anti-inflammatory properties and used to treat acne, eczema and psoriasis.
Used as a powerful medicinal treatment for thousands of years, comfrey promotes rapid healing and skin cell renewal.
Calendula is anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial. It's used to treat inflammatory skin conditions like eczema. Calendula is moisturizing and packed with antioxidants that help prevent free radical damage and premature aging and preserving your collagen/elastin.
Gotu Kola is an adaptogenic plant that promotes collagen production and increases circulation which speeds the healing process - including the healing of acne. It even treats varicose veins, broken capillaries and cellulite.
Referred to as liquid gold, it has been prized for it's ability to treat skin and body conditions since before 12 BC. Argan oil is produced from the kernals of the Argan tree which grows in a tiny area of Morocco.
High in vitamin E, essential fatty acids and retinol. Combats free radicals which prevents damage of skin cells, is anti-inflammatory, treats acne, wrinkles, dry skin. Sun Protectant, restores elasticity, non-irritating, deeply penetrates skin and is absorbed easily.
Castor oil is highly acclaimed for it's detoxification, anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties. It moisturizes the skin while reducing acne and reducing pigmentation. Castor oil prevents stretch marks and helps to fight signs of aging by stimulating the production of collagen and elastin. It's high concentration of fatty acids restore hydration and remove dry patches while also penetrating scar tissue and encouraging new skin cell regeneration.
Jojoba oil has a fatty acid profile that is almost identical to our own sebum, making it easily and quickly absorbable. Because it hydrates it can actually help calm overactive sebaceous glands that go into overdrive when skin is parched. It's an excellent emollient and helps treat irritating skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema. Jojoba can seal in moisture and create a barrier against harsh elements and external toxins.
Evening Primrose Oil
Evening primrose oil is high in omega 6 fatty acids essential for skin health. It's anti-inflammatory properties are amazing at curing eczema and other allergenic skin conditions. It boosts blood circulation which will give your skin cells what they need for regeneration while giving you a healthy glow.
Blue Yarrow - This sweet aromatic herbal is one of the most powerful natural astringents. It shrinks the skin and promotes skin healing making it fabulous for acne and inflammation. It is a powerful anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial and antiseptic but is also helpful at regenerating skin cells.
Grapeseed oil contains linoleic acid, anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that are fantastic for reducing acne and blemishes. It also has astringent qualities that tighten pores, reducing blemishes and blackheads. It's gentle enough for sensitive skin but is also an excellent moisturizer that wont clog pores. Finally, it improves skin elasticity, reducing signs of aging.