Formulation Changes: We no longer use vanilla or rose oils. We have added Sacha-inchi, petitgrain, cacay and mondara oils.
Goal: Exfoliation and Detoxification
Use: as needed
Skintype: Congested or Blemish-prone skin in need of detoxification
Why we love it: Superfood for your face
Fragrance Notes: Lightly fresh & green with floral top notes.
Benefits: Two of my favorite things, coconut water and kale are blended into our exfoliating maca facial. Reap all the antioxidant -rich benefits of the worlds best super foods while detoxifying your congested skin and soothing inflammation. For this exfoliating facial we use the benefits of organic coconut water and powerful Kale combined with purifying kaolin clay to blast breakouts. Madagascar bourbon vanilla acts as a mild exfoliant which is also highly anti-bacterial. As with all our facials, this can be used as a cleanser or a mask. Use of this smooth-smelling beauty will leave you radiant and clear while diminishing signs of aging.
Directions for use:
- To cleanse: apply a small dollop of the facial to skin and gently blend with fingertips, rinse with cool water.
- To Mask: apply liberally to face and relax as the mask works her magic - it will not dry. Leave on approximately 15 minutes and then rinse with cool water.
Most of our Facials and Masks have a slightly gritty texture - that's because we keep all the lovely ingredients right in the mix - we don't infuse and sift-out the fiber of our fruits and veggies that make our masks such powerhouses. Some natural separation is normal, give it a mix if necessary and store in a cool, dark place. Consult a doctor if nursing or pregnant.
Ingredients: *Argania Spinosa(argan oil), White Kaolin Clay, *Brassica oleracea(Kale Powder) , *Cocos Nucifera(Coconut Water Powder & Tapioca Dextrose), *Raw Maca Root, *Poureria Lucuma(lucuma fruit), *Morinda Citrifolia(Noni fruit), *Plukenetia volubilis (Sacha Inchi Oil), *Salvia Hispanica (Chia) Seed Extract, Grapefruit seed extract, *Raw Garcinia Mangostana(Mangosteen Fruit), Tocopherol(Vitamin E), Ananus communis(pineapple extract), *Citrus reticulata blanco, var. mandarin(petitgrain essential oil), *Bulgarian rose otto. * = Clean Ingredients
Details and Benefits of each ingredient:
- White kaolin Clay - The gentlest of facial clays, white kaolin is suitable for sensitive skin and gently stimulates circulation wich improves healing. This clay exfoliates to remove dead skin cells and doesnt overdry but is effective against acne. It has disinfectant properties which help heal existing blemishes and prevent new ones and removes impurities from the pores.
- *Argania Spinosa(argan oil) - Certified Organic, Cold Pressed, Unrefined, Morocaan. 0 Comedogenic rating. Referred to as liquid gold, it has been prized for it's ability to treat skin and body conditions since before 12 BC. Argan oil is produced from the kernals of the Argan tree which grows in a tiny area of Morocco. High in vitamin E, essential fatty acids and retinol. Combats free radicals which prevents damage of skin cells, is anti-inflammatory, treats acne, wrinkles, dry skin. Sun Protectant, restores elasticity, non-irritating, deeply penetrates skin and is absorbed easily.
- Brassica oleracea(Organic Kale Powder) - rich in chlorophyll, enzymes, vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients that will leave your skin glowing
- *Cocos Nucifera(Coconut Water Powder & Tapioca Dextrose) - benefits of coconut water includ toning of skin, supports hydration and preserve skin elasticity. Coconut water removes greasiness and using it regularly will prevent pimples, blackheads, acne and blemishes. Boots circulation and clears the pores which take in enough oxygen to make the skin glow with a flawless complexion. Helps prevent wrinkles and premature aging.
- Maca Root - Superfood packed with vitamins and plant sterols, this mineral-rich powder also can enhance the firmness of skin and improve skin luster.
- *Poureria Lucuma(lucuma fruit) - Lucuma, which is renowned for its outstanding anti-inflammatory properties, has been used as a topical treatment for skin wounds and abrasions for centuries. Helps to repair sun damaged skin and can even prevent fine lines, wrinkles and skin tone.
- *Morinda Citrifolia(Noni fruit) - This natural detoxifier is a potent source of vitamins, minerals and powerful antioxidants. This tropical fruit has been used medicinally for over 2,000 years in the south pacific and is known for its antimicrobial, antiseptic and antifungal attributes.
- Organic Salvia Hispanica (Chia) Seed Extract and Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract - helps increase skin hydration, alleviate itchy skin, and fortify skin barrier function, reducing the appearance of wrinkles and leaving skin soft and smooth. Considered the richest botanical source of omega-3 fatty acids found in nature, these fatty acids work to encourage the formation of collagen and elastin, which support skin structure and shape and help discourage sagging and bagging. They also help maintain moisture levels, which hide fine lines and wrinkles as well as relieving irritation and dryness. Chia seed oil is also a great source of vitamin B3, a natural anti-inflammatory, and zinc, which helps calm skin oil production and reduce acne breakouts.
- grapefruit seed extract - Purifying and antimicrobial natural preservative high in nutrients and anti-oxidants.
- Organic Bourbon Planifolia Vanilla(Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla) - Anti-bacterial, rich in antioxidants, good source of B vitamins vital for healthy skin, makes skin silky smooth.
- *Raw Garcinia Mangostana(Mangosteen Fruit) - The antioxidant properties of mangostin are even stronger than those of vitamin E. Mangosteen is also a powerful anti-bacterial making it a great acne fighter.
- Tocopherol(Vitamin E) - Both a nutrient and an antioxidant, it is a great defense against free radicals that can cause premature aging.
- Ananus communis(pineapple extract) - Pineapple extract contains bromelaine which is a mixture of protein digesting enzymes which removes dead skin cells and reduces swelling and inflammation. It also softens skin and clears the complexion due to the vitamin c content. Natural fruit enzymes containing alpha hydroxy acids are more gentle on skin then chemical AHAs.